Tuesday, June 26, 2007

More than meets the eye

Transformers...
Ok, to be honest, when I first heard about Transformers I actually was kind of excited. Now, I'm not. I will still watch it I'm just not really looking forward to it. Now here's my biggest problem, there are no new ideas in Hollywood. It could be because this movie seems to be coming in slightly late in this Break the Box Office Summer bout, but I am sick of re-hashed crap. It doesn't even matter if it will be a good movie or not, the fact that studios are only getting behind characters that are already well known is driving me nuts. Please, please, please, promote creativity.

Spiderman 3
This movie is a comic book AND a sequel. Pair that with a huge pile of crap then you got the biggest Blockbuster of the year.

Shrek the Third
Don't even get me started.

Pirates of the Carribean
For God's sake this movie is based on children's roller coaster ride. WHY!? Not to mention the fact that it was good for only one movie.

Ocean's 13
They will continue to make these movies as long as they are fun for the actors. Not to mention the fact that all the actors take huge pay-cuts to do these movies, and they make a pretty good profit margin.

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer.
I'm not quite sure how a sequel of this movie even got funded, but here it is and *poof* it's already forgotten.

Evan Almighty
What??? WHY!? The first movie was carried by Jim Carrey. Steve can't hold a bad script like Jim can. Luckily I have a feeling that this won't really hurt Carell's career.

Live Free or Die Hard
I am actually kind of excited about this. Bruce Willis has been making some great movies lately and even if it is cheesy and far fetched it still will be old school action.

Transformers
Michael Bay is stupid.

Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix
Well...I've never seen any of the movies... I still want to die every time I hear about 5000 nerds waiting outside of Barnes and Nobles for the newest book. Although, this movie series bothers me the least. It will have an end, and it's aimed at kids who want to see the stories continue.

The Simpsons Movie
See below.

The Bourne Ultimatum
I'm also kind of excited about this, but the second one did not even compare to the first one. If it continues in that trend, then I will be dissapointed. Few people seem to know that this series was a book series too, although I have heard that it doesn't really follow the book series, which doesn't really bother me. Books and movies should be different.

Rush Hour 3
"Do you undastand when you've run a movies into da ground!!"

My point is Hollywood is only backing what they consider a sure thing. Something that people already recognize. They're backing the titles of movies more than the movies themselves. What happened to Neo and Morpheus, Joel and Clementine, Largeman and Sam. I want original characters. I want Ron Burgundy; I want Andy the 40 yr old virgin; I even want the cullinary obsessed street rat.

Save me. I'm tired of titles.

1 comment:

Mark Mason said...

don't get me started, don't even get me started